Former Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr. Sentenced to 2.5 Years in Prison

Former Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr. was sentenced to two and a half years in prison after he pleaded guilty to spending $750,000 in campaign funds on personal items. In addition, he will serve 36 months of probation, 500 hours of community service, and undergo extensive mental health care.

His wife Sandra pleaded guilty to tax fraud and was sentenced to one year in prison, and will have to pay $22,000 in restitution. Jesse made a statement after deciding to serve his sentence first, as their sentences were staggered.

"Today I manned up and tried to accept responsibility for the errors of my ways. And I still believe in resurrection. I didn't separate my personal life from my political activities, and that was wrong."

He continued, "I misled the American people. I misled the House of Representatives. I misled the media by filing my reports. I was wrong. And I don't fault anyone. And I hope even those who still support me don't hold any judgment against you."

Source: usnews.nbcnews.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nice! LaLa Anthony Has A Topless Sex Scene On “Power”!

Draya Michele's Sex Tape Leaks & Causes Mayhem on Twitter