Pitbull Opens "S.L.A.M." Charter School in Miami

Miami rapper Pitbull wants to give back to his community, and aims to do so by opening a new charter school in his home city. The school, which will be called "Sports Leadership and Management (SLAM)," will be opening August 17.

In an interview with the Washington Post, Pitbull spoke on his motivations for becoming involved in Miami education.

"I can speak from the heart when it comes to charter schools for the simple fact is that teachers have changed my life," said Pitbull. "I had a second grade teacher that taught me to believe in myself and the talent that we didn't even understand that we had at the time. So, that's the same thing I want to do with the kids. Sometimes what happens is that education is no longer sexy. It's no longer cool. I want to tell them or help put together either curriculum or schools where it does entertain them or engage them. One way or another I want to just make it fun again to learn. There's no way that you can tackle any obstacle or any issue around the world if you're not educated. My mother always told me that the biggest diseases in the world, the most dangerous, were ignorance and greed. That's why we have to educate. That's why I fight for it. That's what I feel is the real revolution."

Source: hiphopdx.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Denzel Washington launches campaign to play James Bond

Nice! LaLa Anthony Has A Topless Sex Scene On “Power”!

There is a SHOCKING new video making its way around the internet, which shows a mother and daughter starring in an adult video.