Pro-Black Activist Shaun King Addresses Rumors He's White

"If you have known me from when I was in elementary school at Huntertown Elementary until now, you've known me as black or bi-racial," tweeted Shaun King.

Shaun King - a Black Lives Matter activist bent on ending police brutality in the United States- began trending on social media after being outed for allegedly being White. Vicki Pate, a woman who has been following the story since the rumors began, obtained his birth certificate (along with several other documents) which state he was born to a White man and White female. A website gathered all of Pate's information and posted it to their site, claiming King lied about the number of children he has with his wife, Rai King, and being assaulted by White supremacists, among other things. "In March of 1995, I was brutally assaulted by a racist mob of rednecks at my school...Guess what, they denied it," he wrote. "But, having no journalistic standards at all, Breitbart decided to use a known white supremacist as their main source of info on ME."

He then goes on to call out Vicki Pate, who he says has stalked his children and continuously harasses the families of police brutality victims. "Every mentor and coach and advisor I have, without fail, has told me NOT to respond to any of this. For weeks I've ignored it all...it's all BULL****," King continued. "Out of LOVE for my family, I've never gone public with my racial story because it's hurtful, scandalous, and it's MY STORY."

Though he never outright says if he's Black or not, Shaun King says he "did not concoct a lie" to get into Morehouse or get his scholarship. Do you believe he lied about his race in order to gain a certain level of status? If so, do you feel it matters at this point given his contributions to the movement?

Source: Twitter|Breit Bart

Nyourfacetelevision

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Denzel Washington launches campaign to play James Bond

There is a SHOCKING new video making its way around the internet, which shows a mother and daughter starring in an adult video.

Nikki Mudarris Flaunts Cleavage Ring in Nip-Slip Instagram Pic