LeBron James Plans To Own A NBA Team

The NBA Finals are fast approaching, but LeBron James is not making headlines for something he said about the upcoming series. Instead, James is turning heads for comments he made about something he will be doing after he retires.

With the championship only a day away, one would think the headlines would all be about defensive and offensive matchups or how he is going to prepare for his seventh consecutive NBA Finals appearance. Instead, James’ chat with Ken Berger from The Atlantic was about how he will one day own an NBA franchise.

He told Berger, “I will own a team someday...That’s my next thing.” When asked why by Berger, James continued, "Why do I want to own team? I think it'll be cool. I'll stay part of the game and still be able to put people in positions of power. I've always loved that, putting people in a position of power to feel like they can make a change and make things happen."

The 32-year-old seems to have plenty of gas left in the tank, but as he enters his mid-thirties, it is certainly understandable that life after basketball is on his mind. Just last year, according to Cleveland.com, James spoke about owning a team with the podcast Open Run.
He said, “I feel like my brain as far as the game of basketball is unique, and I would love to continue to give my knowledge to the game. My dream is to actually own a team, and I don't need to have fully hands on. If I'm fortunate enough to own a team, then I'm going to hire the best GM and president that I can."

James also elaborated on his talents when it comes to scouting players and building a team. He said, “I have a feel like I have a good eye for not only talent, because we all see a lot of talent, but the things that make the talent, the chemistry, what type of guy he is, his work ethic, his passion, the basketball IQ side of things, because talent only goes so far."

Hopefully, we still have many years left of James on the court, but it will be interesting to one day, see him looming over the court from the owner's box.
Source: theshaderoom.com
Via vladtv

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Denzel Washington launches campaign to play James Bond

There is a SHOCKING new video making its way around the internet, which shows a mother and daughter starring in an adult video.

Nikki Mudarris Flaunts Cleavage Ring in Nip-Slip Instagram Pic