Paul Pierce Compares Kevin Durant to a Kid Who Joins a Gang for Protection

Retired Celtics great Paul Pierce just isn't with the old "If you can't beat 'em, join 'em'" adage. Thus, he couldn't co-sign Kevin Durant leaving Oklahoma City to join their West Coast rivals over in Golden State, after being eliminated from the playoffs last summer. He confessed that much during his regular appearance on ESPN's 'The Jump' on Tuesday, May 30, while siding with former coach Doc Rivers, who earlier in the day told ESPN's "Mike & Mike" that watching Durant's offseason move "was tough for anybody, anybody's that's competitive, to watch. He lost, and then he joined."

I'm not a guy who goes into the neighborhood, gets beat up by the bully's gang, and then now I want to join their gang," Pierce said. "That's just not me; I wanna fight, let's go! I mean I'm gonna stand up for myself, that's just the competitive nature of where I come from, the era I grew up in."

Both Doc and Pierce have been called out since posing their perspectives on KD's pursuit of a title with the Warriors. Their critics point out how Boston introduced the "Big 3" concept into the modern era and have questioned why he never struck down a deal that sent he and Garnett to Brooklyn together after playing with the Celtics for 15 years. "I think their criticism is uninformed and very unfair to Kevin Durant," FS1 rival Skip Bayless said during an Undisputed segment on the topic on Wednesday. "It's also laughably hypocritical, because what was the first super team formed in NBA annals? Wait, I think it was when Kevin Garnett and Ray Allen decided to join Paul Pierce in Boston and play for the great Doc Rivers, right?"

S ource: hotnewhiphop.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Denzel Washington launches campaign to play James Bond

There is a SHOCKING new video making its way around the internet, which shows a mother and daughter starring in an adult video.

Nikki Mudarris Flaunts Cleavage Ring in Nip-Slip Instagram Pic