Cam Newton Issues Apology for Remarks About Women

Carolina Panthers quarterback Cam Newton has been catching major flak after he told Charlotte Observer reporter Jourdan Rodrigue, he found it "funny to hear a female talk about routes" during a recent press conference. Cam Newton has been catching major flak after he told Charlotte Observer reporter Jourdan Rodrigue, he found it "funny to hear a female talk about routes" during a recent press conference. Since the comments, Dannon has ended their relationship with Newton. However, now it appears Newton has issued an apology on the matter, calling his remarks "extremely unacceptable."
On Thursday, October 5, Newton took to Twitter releasing a video apology. "After careful thought, I understand that my word choice was extremely disrespectful and degrading to women. And to be honest, that was not my intentions," Newton said. "And if you are a person who took offense to what I said, I sincerely apologize to you."
He went on to say that the behavior was "extremely unacceptable" because it sets the wrong example for his two young daughters. "’Im a father to two beautiful daughters, and at their age, I try to instill in them that they can be anything that they want to be. The fact that during this whole process I’ve already lost sponsors and countless fans, I realize that the joke is really on me."
Newton concluded his comments by calling on young people to learn from his mistake. "Don’t be like me, be better than me. To the reporters, the journalists, the moms, supermoms, to the daughters, the sisters, and the women all around the world, I sincerely apologize and hope that you can find the kindness in your heart to forgive me. Thank you."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Denzel Washington launches campaign to play James Bond

Nice! LaLa Anthony Has A Topless Sex Scene On “Power”!