Carmelo Anthony and OKC Thunder to Part Ways, Team Will Save Over $100M

According to reports, Carmelo Anthony and the Oklahoma City Thunder will reportedly be parting ways this summer. The parting of both parties could result in OKC saving over $100 million.

Previously, Carmelo Anthony noted that the background role he ended up playing with the Thunder is not what he initially wanted. ESPN said, "The massive financial implications of Anthony opting into his $27.9 million contract for the 2018-19 season have dictated that the two sides will part ways sometime this summer."

In April 2018, Melo spoke on what he wants moving forward, saying “I think for me, my focus would be on kind of figuring out what I want out of the rest of my career, what I want in my future, what am I willing to accept, if I'm willing to accept that at all. I think everybody knows that I've sacrificed kind of damned near everything -- family, moving here by myself, sacrificed my game -- for the sake of the team, and was willing to sacrifice anything and everything in order for this situation to work out.”

Source: ESPN

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nice! LaLa Anthony Has A Topless Sex Scene On “Power”!

Denzel Washington launches campaign to play James Bond