Da Brat on Left Eye Not Liking Her at First: "It Broke My Heart

Hip hop star Da Brat has been vocal about her career and life in the last few years, as she detailed topics like dating Allen Iverson, which led to her beating up one of his side chicks at the time. Along with that, she’s even gone into detail about her sister Lisa Raye and their strained relationship. Now, the rapper has spoken on a time when she and the late Lisa “Left Eye” Lopes weren’t too fond of each other.

While speaking to TooFab, Da Brat talked about first meeting Left Eye and noted that she didn’t think Left Eye liked her too much, mainly because of the history she and Jermaine Dupri had with TLC prior to the Da Brat coming into the picture.

Da Brat said, “Oh man, Left Eye was super dope but I kind of think because she was JD's [Dupri's] first artist and they used to -- they grew up together, and I think she lived with him at one point," Da Brat began. "Like I think when I came along -- I don't think she liked me too much. Cause I think she felt like JD may have been replacing, trying to replace, you know, her with me, which wasn't the case, but she wasn't too fond of me. But I loved Left Eye, and it just broke my heart when she didn't love me.”

Da Brat went on to say that once her, Left Eye, Missy Elliott, and others were on the set of Lil Kim’s “Ladies Night” video, things were smoothed over, and the two were able to patch things up. Da Brat said, “...When we came together for the video shoot, it was epic. I had never been on a shoot that had so many, you know, successful women, my peers. We were all like with one accord and just enjoyed it -- this big luau, like party. It was nice."

source: TooFab

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nice! LaLa Anthony Has A Topless Sex Scene On “Power”!

Denzel Washington launches campaign to play James Bond